Sunday, October 01, 2006


Glamour Girl

Justin and Michelle asked if I would give Kayleigh her first real haircut, not just her bi-monthly bang trimming. I hesitated to cut her hair for fear that it would cut off her naturally wavy loose curls. After bathing her Friday night, I sat her on the counter in front of the big mirror to comb her hair and see what needed trimming. Justin thinks her hair looked like a mullet, but I couldn’t see what he was basing that on. I used a clip to hold the back of her hair before trimming her bangs. I decided to give her more bangs to help keep them out of her face when her hair isn’t pulled into pony-tails. Trimming bangs is routine and Kayleigh sat still as usual. However, as I combed the back of her hair and made the first cut, Kayleigh reacted with, “Ow.” I tried to explain, to a two year old, that cutting hair doesn’t hurt. She seemed unconvinced every time I made another cut. I finished the hair cut with a blow-dry, and added a few curling iron touch-ups. When she looked at herself in the mirror, she smiled and hugged herself as she proclaimed, “Kayleigh’s a princess.” Yes, Kayleigh is a little princess and she's all for allowing photo-opts.

Here she is after her “make-over” as she relaxes on the window seat in the study. Abba is at the other end as Kayleigh is reading to him about "Old McDonald." The pursed lips are the results of getting to the part about a cow, "with a moo-moo here and a moo-moo there."


Our Friday evening and Saturday's are so much fun. Mike and I love spending time contributing to the lives of our grandchildren.

No comments: